"You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance." PSALMS 65:11(NKJV)

Changing of the Seasons

>> Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Summer may be dragging its heels, but signs of fall are emerging. The sun is setting earlier and the evenings are cooler.

While I like change, when a new season in life seeks to pull me out of my comfort zone, just like summer I drag my heels and resist. Through His Word I'm reminded that God created the four-seasons in nature, and He also knows the phases of our lives.
God is in control.
And like the seasons in nature, every season of life presents new opportunities. We can be about our Father’s business seeking to use the gifts He placed within us, and allowing Him to prosper those gifts according to His will.

A Time for Everything
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,

A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,

A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
 a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

A time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,

A time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,

A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 (NIV)

6 comments:

Rhonda Schrock September 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM

This is true! Excellent.

Season changes are so hard for me, so I understand. :)

Dorothy-Jean Chapman September 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM

And save time for your family of friends!

Maria I. Morgan September 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I love fall! But I struggle with change just like you. It's wonderful to be reminded that the Lord is in control and He has a purpose for each one of life's seasons. God bless!

Anonymous,  September 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Thanks for this post, Rita.
He knows best.
HUGS!

Sunny

Joanne Sher September 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Beautiful post, Rita -that I needed to read today. Thanks, dearie!

melody-mae November 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Rita,
You had me at this Ecclesiastes verse. It has always been special to me...we recited it at my Dad's memorial service 23 years ago next month and it still gives me peace to hear it/read it!

♥ ♥ ♥ Thanks for leaving a comment!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

Total Pageviews

© Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 --->> customized blog design by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com