"You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance." PSALMS 65:11(NKJV)

Presenting the letter "H" HOPE

>> Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I often use the word hope to convey my wishes. I hope this happens or I hope that doesn’t happen. The other day a friend was anxious about receiving something she had ordered and I answered her, “I sure hope you receive it in time.”

Hope can be an expression without much thought behind it. Yet, when we place our hope in Christ, it morphs from a mere word to a powerful and dynamic expression of His love.

Through God’s Word we receive hope, even when the situation appears impossible. His promises never fail. His love reaches us where we are and lifts us up with renewed hope. It is in His Word that we find freedom and hope for a brighter tomorrow, when everything around us seems to scream otherwise.

Faith is the essence of our hope and it gives us courage. Hope reflects the courage residing deep within our soul. Hope gives us the gift of believing in our future. Love nurtures faith and hope and allows us to marvel at the wonder of His creations.

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26 (NKJV)

14 comments:

Shanda July 12, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Yes, the word Hope is so much more than hope :) Without faith and trust I do become hopeless and that is a terrible place to be emotionally. great post.

Laury July 12, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Hope is a most excellent H word. Awesome post, Rita! Thank you for sharing this today. I needed to read it desperately!

Joanne Sher July 12, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Godly Hope is such a blessing. Thanks for the reminder, dear Rita.

Kiersti July 12, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Thank you, Rita--that last scripture really ministered to me. May the Lord bless you with hope today!

Patty Wysong July 12, 2011 at 12:19 PM

So very timely, Rita!
Thank you!
Hugs!!

Mariane July 12, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Rita, I love this word "hope!" As always you developed the meaning of the word into a lovely devotional. So many verses about "hope" are my favorites like Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future." (NIV)And when the Bible talks about the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus, it uses the phrase "blessed hope." Does any other religion offer such an appealing and promised "other-life?" Thanks for giving me something to think about. I've been trying to remember all the verses I learned about hope and they are many! God bless you, my loving friend, Rita.

Diana Lesire Brandmeyer July 13, 2011 at 6:17 AM

Such a good reminder. Hope is so much more than what I tend to use it for.
Diana
www.pencildancer.com

Barbara Lynn Culler July 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Hope is all we have in this current world we live in.

Love the photos!

Niki Turner July 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Hope is critical to our faith, and to our joy.
A great way to locate our faith is to ask ourselves, "what am I hoping for?" If the answer is "nothing" we can be assured that something's amiss!
Great post, Rita, as usual!

Rhonda Schrock July 15, 2011 at 6:51 AM

Great post, Rita. I think I do use that word too lightly sometimes. And it's packed with some really big stuff!

Thanks for the reminder.

Shelley Ledfors July 15, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Wonderful, Rita! Your post is a timely reminder and touched me. Thanks!

Nancy K. Sullivan July 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Love the good word on "hope," Rita. It is the essence of everything we do and say in this crazy, ever-changing world. Beautiful post!